Friday, August 03, 2007

Van Der Sar Hints At Final Season

Veteran goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar has hinted that this might be his final season, although the Dutchman insists any decision regarding his future is far from decided.
The Manchester United shot-stopper is coming under increased pressure as the club's first choice after showing lapses in form towards the end of last season, but the 36-year-old insists he is feeling revitalised.
"Last season was a long campaign but I had a long break and I feel good," the former Ajax, Juventus and Fulham star told United's official website.
"I am not thinking about what is going to happen. If I am still enjoying myself, then we will see but nothing will be decided before January."
He added: "I’m not going to overenjoy it just because it might be my last. I’ve had a great career and I’m just going to get on with things."
Manchester United have Tomasz Kusczack and Ben Foster on their books, although the latter is currently injured, and both will be looking to put more pressure on van der Sar once they get their opportunities.
Van der Sar is well aware that his place is not certain and he is looking to improve on the glitches that spoiled his fine displays last season.
“You always have to perform to your best at United because if you don’t, someone else is always ready to take your place,” he admitted. “I didn’t have the same consistency at the end of last season as I had in the previous part of the campaign. I don’t know why.
“There was a couple of things I wasn’t happy with, but when you make mistakes you just have to look at them, look at how you can improve, and then get on with it.”

Source goal.com

Van Der sar wears the Adidas Fingersave Exchange E6S

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home