Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Dudek: Please play me, Rafa

JERZY DUDEK has begged Rafa Benitez to let him play one last game for Liverpool on Sunday.
The Polish keeper, 34 who is now wearing the Brand new Sells Super4 D30 Contour Roll Finger glove , will leave Anfield when his contract expires this summer to hunt for first-team football.
And with first-choice Jose Reina needing a scan on a shoulder injury, Dudek could get his wish against Charlton.
He said: “It’d be nice to play but it’s up to the manager. I just want to say goodbye.
“If it’s not possible, then I’ll be the last person left on the pitch after the game. I have 40,000 thank-yous to say.”
Dudek earned cult status at Anfield after his penalty heroics in the 2005 Champions League final against AC Milan. But he does not want to join another Premiership side.
He added: “I just can’t imagine walking into Anfield hoping to see Liverpool lose. I have become much more than an employee — I am a fan.”
Liverpool face competition from Milan in the chase for Barcelona striker Samuel Eto’o, 26. Arsenal are also keen

For more visit www.thesun.co.uk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home