Monday, February 19, 2007

Wigan sign Preston's Nash on loan

Wigan have signed Preston goalkeeper Carlo Nash on a month's emergency loan following injuries to Chris Kirkland and Mike Pollitt.
The 33-year-old has fallen out of favour at Deepdale after a proposed move to Fulham last month collapsed before the transfer deadline.
Boss Paul Jewell told the club website: "Carlo is the right player to come in and play a role in the circumstances.
"I have no doubt about his ability to move back up to the Premiership."
England keeper Kirkland is sidelined for six weeks after undergoing surgery to repair a thumb ligament damaged in training, while back-up Pollitt also sidelined with a thigh strain.
Jewell was given permission to bring in short-term cover for third-choice keeper John Filan.
I realise I'll have to fight for my place with John Filan
Carlo Nash
The experienced Nash, who has played for Stockport, Wolves, Manchester City and Middlesbrough, goes straight into the squad to face Watford on Wednesday.
He said: "It's great to have a chance of playing in the Premiership again.
"I realise I'll have to fight for my place with John Filan, who is a great keeper with a lot of experience, but I hope I can help the team for the next month, or however long the agreement lasts."

Source www.bbc.co.uk/sport

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home