Thursday, December 14, 2006

Villa plot emergency keeper deal

The Premier League has given Aston Villa permission to sign a keeper on loan because Stuart Taylor has joined Thomas Sorensen on the sidelines.
Taylor, 26, has undergone surgery after injuring a knee in Monday's draw with Sheffield United and he will miss the festive campaign.
First-choice Sorensen, 30, is also out of action with a knee problem, leaving Robert Olejnik as the only fit option.
However, the 20-year-old has yet to make his Premiership debut.
Taylor is understandably disappointed that his first extended run in the side has been ended by injury.
He told the Villa website: "I am absolutely gutted, there is no other word for it.
"I can't believe this has happened just as I was getting a run in the team.
"Thomas' injury meant I was getting a chance to prove myself for the first time - but it was obviously not meant to be.
"There is nothing I can do about it though. I just have to focus on getting back to full fitness then I can push Thomas for the shirt again."

Source www.bbc.co.uk/sport

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aston_villa/6179755.stm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home