Thursday, November 23, 2006

Kiely ready to quit Pompey

Dean Kiely has conceded he is becoming increasingly exasperated by his situation at Portsmouth, having been forced to accept a bit-part role since David James' arrival in the summer.
Despite having played his part in last season's miraculous effort in maintaining Portsmouth's top flight status, after a miserable start, Kiely has been cast to the sidelines this term.
James has established himself as the club's number one and whilst Kiely insists he holds nothing against his rival, he is angry at the manner in which he has been treated by the South Coast outfit.
"We did a miraculous job, played really, really well and got out of trouble and I find myself discarded as you will know," he told Sky Sports News.
"And that doesn't sit too well with me really because I've always played and done the business with the clubs I've been at!"
Kiely accepts that he may have to reluctantly seek pastures new in the winter transfer window, having accepted he will not garner the playing time he craves at Portsmouth.
"Well, you know it's probably looking that way and this has really been forced upon me," he replied, when quizzed on a possible January move.
"After remaining in The Premiership and making a good contribution, my big picture was maybe move the family down and settle in the area.
"I have nothing against any other keeper. We come and we do our jobs. I just find it really, really difficult.
"Wherever I go I try to make a contribution. I don't want to sit here and pick up my wages for doing absolutely nothing.
"I'm concentrating on keeping myself fit and well. Physically and mentally I need to keep myself sharp because within a week things might change."

Source www.skysports.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home