Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Neville 'predicted Saha's miss'


Manchester United skipper Gary Neville predicted team-mate Louis Saha's penalty miss at Celtic, according to Bhoys captain Neil Lennon.
French striker Saha had his spot-kick saved by Artur Boruc to hand Celtic a 1-0 win over the Premiership side in their Champions League group game.
"Neville came over and said 'I think he'll miss it - his head's gone down'," said Celtic midfielder Lennon.
"Saha had an earlier miss and that's when his head had gone down."
United striker Saha spurned a glorious chance shortly before the spot-kick miss when he assumed he was offside and attempted an audacious flick with just Boruc to beat.
Poland international Boruc emerged as one of the heroes for Celtic, along with goalscorer Shunsuke Nakamura.

The keeper remained modest about his moment of brilliance, saying: "Penalties are a lottery.
"I just had more luck than the guy who was trying to score. I remembered the penalty when he scored against me. It was in the same corner.
"I thought he might try and so the same again. I was not sure it should have been a penalty in this game either.
"I have made some better saves in my life, but that is one of the most important."

Source www.bbc.co.uk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home